Introduction to WebTMS
Access information regarding Blue Stakes' WebTMS
What is WebTMS?
The Web Ticket Management System (WebTMS) offered by Blue Stakes of Utah 811 to its members is a program designed to allow efficient and effective management of location requests received. Some highlights of the program are:
- Built-in support for multiple service codes.
- Receives tickets from Blue Stakes of Utah 811 via email.
- Parses the tickets into a database for retrieval.
- Tickets can be auto-assigned (dispatched) by a variety of options.
- Search engine that allows ticket retrieval based on ticket number, received date, contractor, phone, location, utility member code, etc.
- Email forwarding of tickets to locators.
- Printing, Manual Assignments and Re-Assignments on a per ticket basis or multiple selections at once.
- Reports that include System Status, Event Viewer, End of Day Reports, Broadcast Messages, Tickets Due & Responses Waiting to Be Sent.
- Complete mapping application with features such as zoom, distance, latitude/longitude, etc. may be used to view all open locates as “points” on a map which can be color-coded by Ticket Priority.
How does it work?
WebTMS, is a web-based application that is available from any device with an internet connection.
There will be no more printing of location requests for each locator. Location requests are received by email and automatically assigned to locators based upon criteria set by the user. That assignment might be by member code, place name, or ticket type. Location requests can be automatically transmitted to the assigned locator by email. When the request is completed, any notes that the locator feels should be part of the record can be added and become a part of that location request’s history. WebTMS will automatically provide responses on completed tickets to Blue Stakes of Utah 811 Electronic Positive Response System.
Ticket assignments are made for you. Emergency requests can be automatically moved to the front of the line. A map can be pulled to show you what requests have not been worked. These can be color-coded to show where the emergencies and short notices are. With one glance you know where you stand on that day’s workload. You have a visual of areas that may need to be reassigned to match force with the workload. Less time spent moving paper means more time for locating tickets and information is automatically provided to Blue Stakes of Utah 811 Electronic Positive Response System.
How much does it cost?
Blue Stakes of Utah 811 provides the Web Ticket Management System free of charge to any member that would like to process their location requests more easily and efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
The company that owns the WebTMS program, Norfield, has announced they will “end of life” the product on October 1, 2023.
It means the product will no longer be supported or maintained.
3. We received the program for free from Blue Stakes of Utah 811. Does this mean our ticket price will go down?
Ticket prices are a result of an assessment based on use of the Blue Stakes of Utah 811 system. The approved budget is apportioned based on the volume of transmissions received. The end of life does not impact the 2022 budget or your costs as it will still be in operation and supported through Q3 of next year.
The expectation is that our contribution to the Norfield budget will be reduced as a result of the additional revenue raised by use of the LOGiX programs.
It doesn’t. However, if you are not using a ticket management system we want to make sure you are aware of the benefits they can provide.
There is no cost for us to transmit your tickets via email beyond your normal assessed annual price.
Pricing is based on each company’s volume and is highly competitive with other industry offerings.
Blue Stakes of Utah 811 is an owner/partner in Norfield. The core software used to run the center is built and maintained by them. A large amount of our annual budget is dedicated to the support of the Norfield operation. By increasing the income from outside the partnership, our expense is reduced and we also benefit from the company’s growth.
9. If I am adding this expense to my locate process I will need to compare other options. Who else offers ticket management software?
There are several companies offering a solution for ticket management. These include but are not limited to 4IQ, Korterra, Boss 811, and IRTH Solutions. While we believe the Norfield product superior and competitively priced we encourage our members to do the due diligence needed to see this for themselves.